Friday, June 5, 2009

Love....

"I go to office daily, come home, eat and sleep and wait for the weekends." Sounds familiar? Well that's the only response I get from the mid 20's crowd when asked the generic and loaded question "How's life?". At this point I can bet a few of you are thinking this fella has got the title of the blog as Love and is rambling about something totally different, has he truly lost it?

Well No, I haven't quite lost it, at least not yet. Here's love in a whole new perspective and the most important kind of love we all need to pursue but don't.
Whats the one thing around which your life revolves? Whats the one thing you spend most of your time and effort on?
Its what you do.
So why do you whatever it is that you do? Do you enjoy it? Do you truly deeply and madly love it? I can't think of one person I know who ll answer in the affirmative to this including yours truly. So what do we do about it?

Follow your heart. Just do what you love. Some may say this is wistful, impractical even downright crazy but there is sense to all this madness. If you do something which you love doing you ll inevitably be good at it. Its a rare gift to know what you love to do. Many people(me included) are not that gifted and that's what stops them from taking the step into the unknown. Don't throw away that gift, Its your key to 'true happiness'.

PS: I was inspired to write this after reading this:
http://www.paulgraham.com/love.html

7 comments:

  1. Well said! I remember reading somewhere that even if you are a sweeper, sweep like Michael Angelo of your profession, with such passion! So what is it that fires you up these days besides Calvin and Hobbes..:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup. to know what one loves to do is a rare gift. to the less gifted, there's this easier shortcut to happiness - stop worrying about what you love and start loving what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @thamarai. Ha ha.. Calvin and hobbes has so much to offer besides laughs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you. If somehow we end up knowing what we would love to do, the money factor wouldn't be too appealing, most of the time.
    And hey, nice blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahem, ahem...
    When I try to pursue wat I feel I am good at (aunties).. The damned 'society' has apprehensions... Can the blogger help?
    (No intentions to play spoilsport... I am being honest here ;p)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @imti the blogger can contact a certain nazreen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I denounce this blog... TOTALLY MISLEADING!!
    :p

    ReplyDelete